Scottish Epilepsy Centre Appeal
In 2010 The Master Court of the Incorporation pledged £50k
towards the Scottish Epilepsy Centre Appeal. The Incorporation is
delighted that after three years of fundraising, with the support
of our members, their guests at events, members of our fellow
Incorporated Trades and the Trades House and especially the members
of Worshipful Company of Coopers of London who have travelled to
Glasgow for fundraising events, we met the target and presented the
cheque to Quarriers in April 2013.
The Scottish Epilepsy Centre has
been built next to the Southern General Hospital in Glasgow and
will be fully integrated with their world leading Institute for
Neurological Sciences. It combines Quarriers expertise with one of
the worlds finest neurology teams and enable access to a wider
range of diagnostic technology.
Why do we need this service:
- Epilepsy is a devastating neurological condition which affects
39,000 people in Scotland.
- Epilepsy changes every aspect of life education, employment and
- Epilepsy can kill - more people died from epilepsy in 2007 than
of aids, hepatitis, meningitis, TB and cot death combined.
- Up to 30% of patients have misdiagnosis
- 3 times more likely to be unemployed if you have Epilepsy
The Scottish Epilepsy Centre will
provide hope to people whose lives are destroyed by complex and
unmanaged Epilepsy, Research and education will help to better
understand and treat the condition.