The Trades House of Glasgow aims to recognise the excellent work being undertaken by schools in, for and with their communities.
The Citizenship Award is open to all schools - pre-5, primary, secondary and special needs.
There is no monetary award, rather a certificate for all commended schools and a plaque for the winning school. Each school gaining the award is entitled to display the Trades House logo on their stationery.
Schools qualifying for the award competition would be involved in some of the following:
- contributing to the life of the local community
- participating in local events
- undertaking local ventures
- contributing to newspapers and other media
- linking with local industry/employers
- providing events which the local community can attend
- involving the local community in the educational life of the school by assisting pupils in a variety of activities
- enabling members of the local community to take part in educational experience to encourage lifelong learning
- any project which involves the community helping the school or the school helping the community
Each year, the winning school is announced at an award ceremony held in the Trades Hall of Glasgow. The winning school in 2019 was Mount Vernon Primary School.
For more information contact Jackie Mullen or call 0141 553 1605